I feared being alone until I learned to like myself.
I feared failure until I realized that I only fail when I don’t try.
I feared success until I realized that I had to try in order to be happy
I feared people’s opinions until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway.
I feared rejection until I learned to have faith in myself.
I feared pain until I learned that it’s necessary for growth.
I feared the truth until I saw the ugliness in lies.
I feared life until I experienced its beauty.
I feared death until I realized that it’s not an end, but a beginning.
I feared my destiny, until I realized that I had the power to change
I feared hate until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance.
I feared love until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade
into endless sunny days
I feared ridicule until I learned how to laugh at myself.
I feared growing old until I realized that I gained wisdom every day.
I feared the future until I realized that life just kept getting better.
I feared the past until I realized that it could no longer hurt me.
I feared the dark until I saw the beauty of the starlight.
I feared the light until I learned that the truth would give me strength.
I feared change, until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly
had to undergo a metamorphosis before it could fly.
- And ….. AFTER A WHILE…..
- ….you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul
- And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaving that company doesn’t mean security.
- And you begin to learn that kisses aren’t contracts and presents aren’t promises;
- And you begin to accept your defeats
with your head held up and you eyes opened,
with the grace of an adult,
not the grief of a child
- And you learn to build your roads on today, because tomorrows ground is too uncertain for plans.
- After awhile, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much;
- So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers;
- And you learn that you really can endure…that you really are strong and you have worth.